Local records show that the name Bristol and Suburban Association Football League first appeared in the year 1906, as the new name for the North Bristol and District Association Football League.
The North Bristol and District Association Football League was formed in 1894 and it is this date that is recognised as the formation date of the Bristol and Suburban League.
The inaugral meeting of the North Bristol and District League was held on September 14th 1894 at the Pheonix Coffee Palace, which was situated in Ashley Road, Montpelier, Bristol.
This meeting was attended by representatives of the following Clubs who were responsible for setting up the working arrangements and funding of the new League.
These seven Clubs can be considered as the founder members of the League and games commenced at the outset of the 1894-95 season.